Who do you serve?
Our foodservice training program provides growth opportunities for anyone looking for a fresh start in life:
- Refugees and immigrants
- Women rebuilding their lives following domestic violence
- Individuals re-entering after incarceration for non-violent/non-sexual crimes
- Non-chronically homeless
- Individuals overcoming substance abuse (must be at least 90 days sober)
- Those experiencing mental or physical disabilites
- Minimum age requirement: 18
Are you a culinary program?
No. Our training program focuses on the fundamentals of working in a commercial kitchen. We prepare individuals for work as prep cooks, line cooks, grocery store deli and kitchen utility workers.
- Food safety
- Kitchen sanitation
- Beginning knife skills
- Kitchen math
- Recipe preparation and scaling
- Plating and presentation
- Attendance and punctuality
How long is your training program?
Our training program is 8 weeks long - divided into two 4 week sessions.
Level 1: Mon, Tues, Weds 10:30 - 3:30
Level 2: Mon, Tues, Weds 9:30 - 2:30
We follow up our training with 3 additional months of job placement support services.
How much does it cost?
Trainees are charged just $80 for the 8 week training program and 3 months of job placement support - that's 5 months of services!
Trainees may pay their fee in whole or work out a payment plan.
Each trainee actually costs us $3,535 which we afford from a combination of grants, individual donations, corporate contributions and revenues from our food production business.
What is required to graduate?
Ever heard the phrase "act like you have the job you want"? When you are training at Create Common Good, we will expect a lot from you! This means, showing up on time, attending all training sessions, having a good, positive attitude, and always doing your best!
Before graduating our program, you will have completed the following:
- 100+ hours of training
- ServSafe® foodhandlers certification
- Resume & cover letter
- Gmail account set-up and training
- Mock interview